The CEEPUS Programme (Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies) is a multilateral international programme supporting the cooperation between higher education institutions from member countries through academic networks.
CEEPUS members are: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and universities in Kosovo*.
CEEPUS offers mobilities for BA/MA students, PhD students and teachers of higher education institutions (universities) from member countries. All fields of study are welcome and there are no priority areas.
Eligibility of applicants
BA/MA students, PhD students and teachers of higher education institutions (universities) eligible for the programme in their home country can apply for a stay in Slovakia (check the eligibility at your home National CEEPUS Office). Students of the Bachelor´s degree need to have completed at least two semesters by the time of their stay within the CEEPUS Programme. There are two categories of applicants:
• network applicants – applicants whose department/faculty/institution is participating in a network approved within the CEEPUS Programme (the list of all networks is available at www.ceepus.info, see top menu > Network),
• freemover applicants – applicants who wish to apply for a stay from and/or to an institution not participating in any of the networks approved within the CEEPUS Programme.
Note: Scholarships for stays in one’s home country are never permitted!
Supported mobility types
The programme supports:
- semester stays for BA/MA students and PhD students (3 - 10 months)
- short-term stays for BA/MA students and PhD students working on their final theses or dissertations (1 - 2 months, min. 21 days)
- stays for guest university lecturers (1 month, min. 5 working days and 6 lectures given).
Scholarship rates in Slovakia
• BA/MA student: 400 €/month
• PhD student: 734 €/month
• Teacher without PhD (5-9 days): 367 €
• Teacher without PhD (10 and more days): 734 €
• Teacher with PhD or equivalent (5-9 days): 508 €
• Teacher with PhD or equivalent (10 and more days): 1015 €
Applications are submitted electronically at www.ceepus.info with the following deadlines:
network applicants twice a year:
- 15th June for winter semester
- 31st October for summer semester
applicants under the category freemover:
- annually 30th November.
Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies - CEEPUS
For more information on how to apply for a scholarship stay in Slovakia, please see the section: Information for applicants to Slovakia