As part of the European Year of Youth, UIC is organizing a video competition “The cool rail project” for young travelers aged between 15 and 29.
The aim of the competition is to better understand what are the elements that make trains attractive for you and to inspire others to hop on a train and get to know new places now that it is possible to travel again.
Traveling by train is cool, convenient and sustainable. Share your experience with us and be part of the challenge.
The winners will be invited to present their video and ideas to make rail even cooler in a special workshop to be held on 28 October.
The videos with the most “likes” will be published on the UIC YouTube under the hashtags:
Who can participate?
This competition is open to travelers (including railway workers) between 15 and 29 years old.
How to enter the competition?
To take part in the competition, please provide the following information:
- A good quality original short video (no more than 2 minutes)
- Title of the video;
- Contact details (email address);
- Place where the video was taken with a short description
- The video must be in English or in another language with subtitles in English
- Deadline for submission: 2 October 2022
Each team may submit only one video to the competition. The video must be an original work of the team, not copyrighted and not financed by any institutional or commercial funding.
Videos deemed inappropriate by the organizers will be deleted from the site and the submitters will be disqualified.
The best video will be selected by a special International Jury of Experts based on the following criteria:
- content: demonstrated ability to carve clear messages and knowledge
- communication skills: originality of the communications techniques used
- entertainment value: educational merit and viewer friendliness
To join the challenge, the members of the team must complete the following survey
There will be two awards:
1) Best Video selected by an international Jury of Experts which will win:
- 2 Interrail Global Passes
- 2 invitations to participate in the Awards ceremony, Friday 28 October in Paris UIC HQ*. 
- 2 invitations to join the V Commuter and Regional Train Services Training to be held on 26-27 October, in Paris, UIC HQ. https://uic.org/events/5th-training-on-commuter-and-regional-train-services
2) Best Video selected by popular vote which will win:
- The video with the most “likes” in pollunit will have a special price of 2 Interrail Global Passes. The vote period will be open from 26 September to 2 October.
Participants have until 2 October to upload a short video to the PollUnit platform.
UIC- Worldwide Railway Organization
Right of use
The videos will only be used in the context of the competition, not for commercial use.
Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. For awarded pictures, copyright holders grant the International Union of Railways an unlimited and non-exclusive right to use the videos for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, the yearbook, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the UIC, without any remuneration being due. For all videos, copyright holders grant the UIC a non-exclusive use of pictures in a non-public archive for its educational and research activities, without any remuneration being due.